The St. Osmund’s Parent, Teacher and Friends Association is run by a group of parents who are passionate about raising important funds to support our school and enrich the children’s education. We run different events across the calendar year that hopefully appeal to everyone, with cost, resources and sustainability at the forefront of our minds. Often the simplest of things can have the biggest impact for our kids!
With the help of many local businesses and sponsors, the PTFA are proud to have raised a staggering £20,420 over the school year 2022 - 2023. Each year the PTFA funds allow us to fund school activities which the school budget doesn’t cover. Several new events became highlights of 2023 including a Mothers’ and Fathers’ Day sale, the return of the popular Quiz night, a spectacular Colour Run signalling the finale for our old playground and our Summer drinks party to thank everyone for their support over the year.
In 2022, events were brought back into the school calendar after months of uncertainty. Throughout the year, we held school discos and movie nights; a red, white and blue themed picnic to mark the Platinum Jubilee for The late Queen Elizabeth II; a spectacular Hollywood Glamour Summer Ball that raised £26,000 in one night; a fancy dress sale; the annual Christmas Fair with creative stalls run by St Osmund’s young entrepreneurs; and the opportunity to design personalised Christmas items with all profits going towards the PTFA.
In the past few years, the culmination of all these events has contributed towards our fantastic new school library; our Sports Day at Barn Elms; and planting a cherry tree as part of The Queen’s Green Canopy. The phenomenal fundraising during 2022 – 2023 has enabled St Osmund’s School to create our fabulous brand new infant playground which was unveiled in September 2023. At the end of 2023, the PTFA funded a Times Tables Rock Stars account for all the children in Key Stage 2 to boost the children's fluency and recall in multiplication and division.
We have enjoyed getting to know all the new families who have joined the school community. Thank you to all the staff, families and friends, who work so hard to make our events happy, memorable and enjoyable!
Thank you for all your continued support of the St. Osmund’s PTFA. The PTFA Committee always welcome further ideas, sponsorship opportunities and people to come on board so please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Amy (Chair), Suzana (Secretary), Gigi (Treasurer), Christina, Colleen and Alex.
How can I support the PTFA?
There are plenty of ways you can make a difference:
- Come to PTFA events, from discos to movie nights to the Christmas Fair
2. Join our school Freecycle group: good for us, good for the school, good for the planet. Join here. https://chat.whatsapp.com/IhPrwHqf0fR4TWW2kwjsuO
3. St Osmund’s School is registered with easyfundraising. Easyfundraising will donate part of what you spend with over 7,000 brands (John Lewis, Tesco, Etsy, Argos and more) to the PTFA. You can also add a donation reminder to your toolbar. Click here to register. https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/cause/stosmondscps/
4. We have created an account with My Name Tags. Buy your school nametags and the PTFA will receive 24% from every order. Use our SCHOOL ID: 71500 when you order. www.mynametags.com
5. Hire our Kids’ Party Pack for your birthday parties. £5 rental fee for a full set of plastic plates, bowls, cups and cutlery for 30 children. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
6. Arrange your own Fundraising Event (on your own or with the children) and talk to us about how best to collect your sponsorship.
7. Make a one-off or monthly donation to the Governors Fund. The good news about the Governors Fund is that the school can claim gift aid, meaning St Osmund’s School raise an extra 25p for every £1 you donate. Further details about the Governors Fund can be found here including a link to donate: Donate | St Osmund's Catholic Primary School (st-osmunds.richmond.sch.uk)